- To obtain a bartenders/operators license (2 year ending on June 30), please fill out the application and submit to the Town Clerk with a $25.00 fee. License applications are reviewed at the monthly Town Board meetings(first Monday of the month).
- Bartender/Operators License Application
For all Building, Driveway, Conditional Use, Land Division and Zoning permits please follow the steps below.
- To sell, purchase and/or use fireworks in the Town of Arena you must fill out the permit and submit to the Town Clerk with a $25.00 fee. The permit needs to be signed by the Town Chairman.
- Fireworks Permit
Once the preliminary form is complete and you get a response from Iowa County then proceed to step 2.
- Second step: If a permit is needed from the township please fill out the appropriate form below and mail or email it to the township. The township will need the form at least one week prior to the Planning Commission meeting (last Monday of the month).
- The Town of Arena requires a building permit for new houses, recreational cabins and replacement homes, including mobile homes. The Town does not require building permits for sheds, garages and additions to existing structures but the Iowa County Office of Planning & Development should be contacted for potential county permits. Call 608-935-0398 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum requirements for a residential home are listed on the application form.You will need a Certified Survey Map.
- Building Permit Application
Land Use Changes
- The Town of Arena requires driveway permits for all driveways constructed in the township. Driveway requirements are listed on the application form.
- Driveway Permit Application
- The Town of Arena has adopted the Iowa County Zoning Ordinance and works in cooperation with Iowa County to review all land use changes and conditional use requests. Applications are reviewed at the monthly Plan Commission meetings(last Monday of the month) and then reviewed by the Arena Town Board (first Monday of the month).
- Land Use Change Application
- Third step:You will need to attend the Arena Plan Commission meeting to explain your request and get it approved. Please bring all paperwork from Iowa County, maps, surveys, and/or payment for the permit.
- Fourth step: The Arena Town Board will approve or deny your request at the next town board meeting. If approved the town will send the approval to Iowa County.
- Fifth step: Attend the meeting at Iowa County for approval and pay the Iowa County building permit fee.
- Sixth step:Contact the State-Contracted UDC Inspection Agency, Smrcina Inspections, at 608-799-6229. They will issue a Uniform Dwelling Code permit. There is an additional fee for this State required inspection service. Fee Schedule