ARENA PLAN COMMISSION
PRESENT: John Wright, Rod Anding, Bob Murphy, Wayne Schutte, Cheryl Schmidt, Dave Lucey, Terry Denruiter, Bill Gauger, KayDee Maxwell
OTHERS: Ingmar Nelson, Robin & Stephanie Histed, Mary Lockman,
- Schutte motioned to approve the minutes from the December 6, 2010 meeting. Anding seconded, motion passed.
- Stephanie & Robin Histed - Conditional use to increase resident horses to 35 and have up to 125 horses on the property 12 times per year for events. Want to continue what they have been doing. Anding is concerned that this is too many. Schutte doesn’t think that this is unreasonable for a possible few times a year. No overnight camping. Has 1 or 2 day events. They would need to put a no parking sign along the road. Anding motioned to add the following to Histed's conditional use permit: to increase the number of residence horses to 35, have an average of 100 horses on the property for the horse events, have 12 two day horse events each year, training horses, they will have to post no parking signs on the Town Roads during events. Schutte seconded, motion passed.
- Building permit discussion - if residence get a building permit when do they need to ask for an extension? The assessor can start assessing the building as soon as a building permit is applied for. They have to be started within 6 months. As long as they are progressing there is no problem according to Wright. If they are not started within 6 months then they have to get an extension. They have to be done within two years according to state law.
- Working lands initiative meetings coming up. County is leaning towards decertification.
- Schutte motioned to adjourn. Murphy seconded, motion passed.