April 11, 2011
PRESENT: Bill Gauger,
- The meeting was called to order at 7:42pm. Roll call was taken, all board members are present.
- Dan & Sarah Jackson - Gauger motioned to approve the building permit with contingency that they have a driveway turn around by buildings before occupancy permit. Also, taking there word that they will update their driveway. The driveway was existing when house burnt and doesn't think they need another permit. Denruiter seconded, motion passed. They owe the $1000 fee.
- George Urban, Midway Oil - Denruiter didn't think that we have to pay State fuel tax. Yes we do. We can get a rebate for off road use from the State, which we do. They used to take tax out of our bill and were not supposed to, so we owe them for tax for 2010 and 2011.
- Dennis Halverson - statement about Town tax situation this year. Has plans to possible sell the place. State has the solved the problem for 2011 taxes, but have not given a solution for 2010 yet according to Minnie. Denruiter said taxes will be down because formula will reflect it. It won't fix it till 2012. The board can give him and the buyer a letter stating the situation and what we know of now, but don't know the solution.
Pusch - tax questions as well. What are we going to do for the 39 parcels
involved? What are the property taxes for 2010 so they can compare numbers?
Halverson - John Halverson marked the property line. They would put his half of
the fence in for $1300 if attorneys are not involved. If they are involved then
he will have to do it and stay off of Halverson's property. Lucey asked
- Road bids - Bindl Bauer ¾ gravel $8.50/yd, breaker $8.50/yd, Seal coat chips for sanding $9.35/yd. Scott Construction, single seal $14,434.00, double seal $26,419.00, Iowa County $14,393.60. Denruiter motioned to approve the bids from Bindl Bauer and Scotts.
- Need to
culverts on Coon Rock. One on
- Gauger motioned to approve the bills as presented. Denruiter seconded, motion passed. Denruiter moved to approve the minutes of the March 14, 2011 meeting. Gauger seconded, motion passed.
- Board members, clerk and treasurer took oath of office.
- Gauger motioned to adjourn. Denruiter seconded, motion passed.