Town of Arena Board Minutes
February 2, 2015
PRESENT: Dave Lucey, John Wright, Bill Gauger, Cathy Acker, Minnie Gauger
OTHERS: Dan Viste, Tom Wermuth, Bobby Hines, Mary Lockwood.
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm. Roll call was taken. All Town Board members present.
- Wright motioned to approve the minutes of the January 8, 2015 Town Board meeting. Gauger seconded. Minutes approved
- Tom Wermuth: DNR recommended doing clear cutting in the Arena School Forest. There is red pine that can be affected by a disease that is in this area. If we clear the red pine which could clear cut some areas of the Forest. It is mostly red pine. DNR believes that the white pine and maple will regenerate.
- Dan Viste: Quota 300 Liquor License for Sugarland. Viste explained with maps the fire doors. The design says the three doors are enough for 480 people to exit. Wright would like to have the fire inspector let us know in writing that the building is safe with the three doors. Lucey will contact the fire inspector and have him meet with Viste and the town board at the site to get this straightened out and a decision made by the next town board meeting.
- Public Comments: Ingmar Nelson questioned restaurant cooking capacity at Sugarland. Will discuss this more at the Plan Commission Meeting. Sugarland is on the agenda.
- Discussion on the bills. Wright motioned to approve the bills, Gauger seconded. Motion approved.
- Wright motioned to adjourn. Gauger seconded. Motion carried.
Next meeting March 2, 2015.